As winter comes to a close, and before my time in Spain ends, I decided to share with you guys a spanish-influenced soup recipe!
Below you will find a very tasty recipe for butternut squash and apple soup.
Hope you enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 tbsp grated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 chopped pink lady or honey crisp apple
- 4 cups chopped butternut squash
- Pink Sea Salt (to taste)
- Freshly ground pepper
1. Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until tender, 6 to 8 minutes.
3. Bring to a boil, and then cover partially and reduce to a simmer. Season with sea salt and pepper. Cook for about 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Let it cool a little.
4. Using a blender puree until smooth. Adjust seasoning, if necessary.
Garnish with thyme and serve!
Thanks for reading!
Follow us on Instagram and Like us on Facebook!
Maximize Your Ability to Affect Positive Change