As winter comes to a close, and before my time in Spain ends, I decided to share with you guys a spanish-influenced soup recipe!
Below you will find a very tasty recipe for butternut squash and apple soup.
Hope you enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 tbsp grated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 chopped pink lady or honey crisp apple
- 4 cups chopped butternut squash
- Pink Sea Salt (to taste)
- Freshly ground pepper
1. Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until tender, 6 to 8 minutes.
3. Bring to a boil, and then cover partially and reduce to a simmer. Season with sea salt and pepper. Cook for about 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Let it cool a little.
4. Using a blender puree until smooth. Adjust seasoning, if necessary.
Garnish with thyme and serve!